Monday, February 28, 2011

Poetry Time: Tonight, We Ride

...guess what? Apparently I lied about the blog hiatus...


If you'll notice in the previous post, the only reason that I was going to take time from the blog was that I needed to get work done. Now, I'm just procrastinating harder than ever, I've got a 1,200 word essay due in less than twelve hours, and I'm on twitter, writing stupid poetry.

Well, that's not entirely true. I wrote a few tweets out of boredom that I edited into poetry, but that's a distinction that I'm not certified to make. In fact, I probably shouldn't even be calling my drivel "poetry". Oh well, here goes.



Tonight, We Ride


My good-hearted men,
we flee at dusk!
Our places be empty,
'fore the sun shows us gone.

Our horses are driven,
hooves pounding the plains.
The dry ground beneath,
shows no sign of our passage.

The mountains, they beckon,
nearer, nearer.
The forest is calming,
Its shade can restore.

We sleep in the trees
throughout the midday,
not listing our troubles.
For tonight, we ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment