Saturday, February 12, 2011

My New Favorite Thing - Part Two

...in which I highlight a good screenplay...

Browsing screenplays is often a painful experience. Like I mentioned in the previous post, nearly all of those that I come across are irredeemably written, and not in the funny, riffable way. This one is different.

It's called Gehenna, and the screenplay is a great example of Western Supernatural--think Dark Tower or Jonah Hex. Deals are made with the devil, and several lives hang in the balance. The characters have to come together and make the right choices...or else.

Anyway, besides being a little derivative of the genre, it's a really well written piece. The plot is intricate and well-thought out, the characters are fantastically written, and the complex ending is really satisfying. Basically, this is the only screenplay I've read that could actually become a movie.

If you'd like more, you can find the project page here, or read my full review here. Check it out, it's well worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment